Transport for NSW offers a range of products free of charge for NSW pensioners.

Check the eligibility requirements and you may not have to pay for:

  • licence
  • driving test
  • riding skills test
  • heavy vehicle competency based assessment (CBA) log book and guide
  • replacement learner driver log book
  • Photo Card
  • transfer fees and stamp duty (eligible DVA pensioners only).

If you'd like to take advantage of any of the free products available, visit a service centre.


Holders of one of the following:

  • NSW Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
  • DVA Gold Card endorsed with:
    • TPI (Totally & Permanently Incapacitated)
    • EDA (Extreme Disablement Adjustment)
    • war widow/er.
  • evidence from the DVA confirming:
    • you receive a disability pension of 70% or higher or an intermediate pension, or
    • you've been assessed at 50 or more impairment points.

Note: Holders of interstate PCCs are not eligible.

Last updated: 28 November 2023