Text size


A clinically recognisable disability is a permanent disability that must be certified by a doctor, in order to get a Mobility Parking Scheme (MPS) permit.

If you meet the clinically recognisable disability criteria, your doctor needs to fill out the relevant part of the MPS application (individual or temporary) form.

This only needs to be done once. It won't be required when applying to renew or replace your permit.


You meet the clinically recognisable disability criteria if you have one of the following:

  • paraplegia
  • quadriplegia
  • leg amputation
  • motor neurone disease
  • cerebral palsy
  • chromosomal or syndromic condition
  • neurodegenerative disorder
  • neuromuscular condition, or
  • blindness.

Note: By law, behavioural and/or intellectual conditions in adults, or children in their care, are not conditions considered eligible for a disability parking permit.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your concession card details (if applicable)
  • the PDF form – 'Mobility Parking Scheme Application (Individual or Temporary)'.

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Mobility Parking Scheme Application (Individual or Temporary) – PDF.
  2. Have your doctor fill in the Medical Certificate section.
  3. Make sure you have all your documentation.
  4. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

More information

Transport for NSW only records whether or not you meet the clinically recognisable disability criteria, not the details of the disability.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 30 September 2022