If your vehicle has been towed from a prescribed tow-away area and you've received an invoice for the tow, you can dispute the matter via email or post.
TSS-RMS will review the circumstances of the tow based on the information you provide.
The tow-away charge is separate to any fine that may have been issued by the Police or local council.
What you need
- details about the time, date and location of the tow-away
- the reasons why you believe your vehicle should not have been towed.
How to dispute
- Write a letter to TSS-RMS detailing the tow-away and why you believe it should not have occurred.
- Gather any supporting evidence.
- Lodge your documentation via:
- email to TSS.RMSTowing@transport.nsw.gov.au, or
- post to Roads and Maritime Services, Debt Recovery Unit, PO Box 533, Burwood 1805
Tow-away areas include:
- special event clearways
- T-Way lanes
- transit lanes
- bus lanes.