The Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) is the first stage in the licensing process. You must pass the DKT to get your learner driver licence.
To practise for the DKT, you can:
- download a document that includes questions you could be asked during the DKT, and/or
- view a demonstration test online.
To download a DKT practise document
- visit Driver licensing publications
- select the 'Show files' button next to 'Driver Knowledge Test Question Banks'
- select the document you need for your car, rider or heavy vehicles driver knowledge test.
When you're ready to take your DKT test, make a booking to visit a service centre.
When you visit a service centre, you'll need to prove your identity.
Note: You may be eligible to take the DKT for free if you are:
- required to operate a class LR, MR, HR or HC vehicle and are employed by or volunteer with the:
- State Emergency Service (SES)
- NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS), or
- NSW Volunteer Rescue Association (VRA).
- a participant in the Driver Licensing Access Program
- undertaking the DKT within a Correctional Centre or Juvenile Justice Centre.