Opal is the electronic ticketing system used on public transport in NSW. This includes train, ferry, bus and light rail travel.
The system gives you cheaper fares, daily, weekly and Sunday fare caps, and discounted train fares if you travel outside peak hours.
The Opal cards available are:
- Adult Opal
- Child/Youth Opal
- Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal
- Concession Opal
- School Opal.
To find out about each card's features and the eligibility criteria, select from the below:
- Get an adult or child/youth Opal card
- Apply for a gold seniors Opal card
- Apply for a gold pensioner Opal card
- Apply for a concession Opal card as a tertiary or TAFE student
- Apply for a concession Opal card as an apprentice or trainee
- Apply for a school Opal card
And for more information on the benefits that are available, visit Opal.