Opal is the electronic ticketing system used on public transport in NSW. This includes train, ferry, bus and light rail travel.
The different types of Opal cards available are:
- Adult Opal
- Child/Youth Opal
- Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal
- Concession Opal, and
- School Opal.
You can find out more about each Opal card's features and eligibility criteria by selecting one of the below:
- Get an adult or child/youth Opal card
- Apply for a gold senior/pensioner Opal card
- Apply for a concession Opal card as a tertiary or TAFE student
- Apply for a concession Opal card as an apprentice or trainee
- Apply for a school Opal card