If you've received a penalty or reminder notice because you or your vehicle has been reported for an offence, you have the following online options to finalise the notice:
- pay the fine
- Name the driver or person responsible for a penalty notice
- Request a review of a penalty notice
- Request a penalty notice be heard in court.
You can also download the Service NSW mobile app for iPhone or Android to view or pay for fines.
- the person responsible for the offence.
If you're not the person responsible for the offence, you shouldn't pay the fine. You should name the driver or person responsible so the penalty notice can be transferred to them.
What you need
- your penalty notice
- your personal details.
How to pay
- Select the 'Pay online' button.
- Enter the reference number of your penalty.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter your personal details.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit your payment.
- Print your receipt.
- If you're not the person responsible for the offence and you don't name the driver before the penalty reminder due date, you may receive a further penalty.
- If payment is made after the due date of the penalty reminder notice, further costs may apply.
- A 0.4% card payment fee will be automatically applied if you pay with a credit card.
- Call 13 77 88 if you need a copy of your penalty notice.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Revenue NSW website.
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- credit card (MasterCard or Visa – please note that a 0.4% card payment fee is automatically applied to all payments)
- debit card (MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS)
- money orders
- BPAY or Direct Debit (if available via your financial institution), or
- pay by instalment (Centrepay only – via phone or form).