If your residential or commercial property was impacted by the February and March 2022 floods, you can register to have a property building condition assessment carried out by certified inspectors.
If the assessment finds the property to be unsafe or beyond economical repair, you can choose to have demolition and removal of waste services undertaken at no cost.
If your property can be repaired, you’ll be provided with a scope of repair works.
Property owners and tenants can register for the program if the property is:
- located in one of the local government areas impacted by the February and March 2022 floods
- damaged (or may have been damaged) by severe weather and floods
- a home, apartment, apartment building, business premise or used for primary production purposes.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your registration or continue as a guest
- your name and contact number
- the name and contact number for the person who needs assistance (if you're applying on behalf of someone else)
- the address of the impacted property
- the property’s use (home, apartment, business, primary production).
How to register
- Check you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Select the ‘Register online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or continue as a guest.
- Select whether you're completing the form for yourself or on behalf of someone else.
- Follow the prompts to request assistance.
Once registered, you’ll be contacted by a case manager from Johns Lyng Group to carry out an initial property assessment. Please allow 72 hours for details to be shared with Johns Lyng Group.
- Your case manager will contact you to discuss a suitable time to assess your property.
- For more information or to follow up on your registration, you can also contact the Flood Property Assessment Program hotline on 1300 294 027.