General boat driving licences are renewable for 1, 3, 5 or 10 years and can be renewed online. You're also able to update your contact details, if applicable.
Boat driving licences are available as a digital licence. You can view, show, update, and renew your licence, on the Service NSW mobile app. To find out more about digital licences, see Get started with digital licences.
Note: If you need to renew your PWC licence, visit Renew or restore a personal watercraft (PWC) driving licence
What you need
- your general boat driving licence number (as shown on your renewal)
- your renewal number (as shown on your renewal)
- your customer reference number (as shown on your renewal)
- concession card (if recording a concession for the first time)
- your payment.
How to renew
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Follow the prompts.
- Licence fees vary depending on the duration of the licence, and whether they are concessional licences.
- You must be under 16 years of age, or hold an eligible concession card at the time of payment, to receive a concession.
- If you hold an unrestricted NSW driver licence (all classes) and a NSW general boat driving licence, you may be eligible to combine these 2 licences on one card. Visit Transport for NSW to make sure you have all the information.
- If any of your personal details change, you must notify us within 14 days. You'll need to update your driver licence or photo ID separately to your maritime licence.