To renew your Mobility Parking Scheme (MPS) permit, you can:
- complete an application form and lodge it at a service centre, or
- visit Apply for, replace, or renew a Mobility Parking Scheme permit online.
Your renewal notice will let you know if your doctor needs to complete the medical certificate section of the form. This won't be necessary if you have a Clinically Recognisable Disability already recorded with Transport for NSW.
MPS permits are available to people who have mobility disability, which is defined by legislation as someone:
- who is unable to walk due to the permanent or temporary loss of use of one or both legs or other permanent medical or physical condition
- whose physical condition is detrimentally affected as a result of walking 100 metres, or
- who requires the use of crutches, a walking frame, callipers, scooter, wheelchair or other similar mobility aid.
You're also eligible for the MPS permit if you're permanently blind.
What you need
- the Mobility Parking Scheme Application (Individuals or Temporary) – PDF
- your proof of identity
- your concession card details (if applicable).
How to renew
- Download and complete the Mobility Parking Scheme Application (Individuals or Temporary) – PDF including the section filled in by your doctor (if applicable).
- Make sure you have the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- When you apply for or renew an MPS permit, it will be posted to you. Your cards usually arrive within 10 working days.