You'll receive a renewal notice for your motor vehicle tradesperson certificate a month prior to your certificate's expiry.
You can renew your certificate online or at a service centre. If you renew online you'll receive a discount.
You will not be able to renew online if you:
- don’t have a renewal number
- have changed your name
- cannot confirm the online declaration.
You can apply for a 1-year, 3-year or 5-year licence.
What you need
You'll need your:
- licence number
- renewal number (as shown on your renewal notice)
- certificate number
- personal contact details
- payment details.
How to apply
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Select 'Renew online'.
- Enter your licence/registration number and your renewal number.
- Select ‘Click to Renew’.
- Answer the disclosure questions.
- Select the renewal period.
- Confirm the declaration.
- Pay the fee.
- Lodge the renewal.
If you’re unable to renew online, you can take your renewal notice and lodge your renewal at a service centre.
- call 13 32 20 if you'd like a renewal notice sent to you
- you must be certified and qualified for all classes of repair work you do
- your certificate will be valid for 1, 3 or 5 years before you need to renew or restore it again
- your renewal will be due the day before the anniversary date of the original grant.