If your motor vehicle tradesperson certificate expired less than 3 months ago, you can restore your certificate online, or at a Service NSW Centre.
You can restore using the details on your renewal form.
You cannot restore online if:
- you don’t have a renewal number
- you have changed your name
- you cannot confirm the online declaration
- your certificate expired more than 3 months ago.
What you need
If your certificate expired less than 3 months ago, you'll need:
- your renewal number (as shown on your renewal notice)
- your certificate number
- your payment.
How to restore
- Select the 'Restore online' button.
- Follow the prompts.
- Submit your completed application.
You'll need to lodge your application at a service centre if you’re unable to restore online. Include a signed statement explaining why you were unable to renew within the 3 month time period (if applicable).
- Your certificate is considered to have been renewed from the day it expired.
- You must not work as motor vehicle tradesperson without a valid certificate.
Last updated: 19 May 2023