If you’re the owner of a NSW registered vehicle and your registration certificate has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a paper replacement online.
You’ll receive the replacement paper certificate within 7 business days.
You may not need a replacement paper certificate if:
- your rego is due soon as you can renew your registration online
- you're selling a vehicle - check the selling a vehicle guide for details.
Note: You can replace your registration certificate for free by choosing a digital version. Opt in to get a digital registration certificate.
You cannot apply online and will need to visit a Service NSW Centre if:
- you’re not recorded as the owner of the registered vehicle
- you do not have a NSW Driver Licence or NSW Photo Card
- the vehicle is registered in a company name
- the registration has expired.
What you need
How to replace
- Check the eligibility details.
- Select the 'Replace online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or continue as a guest.
- Follow the prompts to replace a registration certificate.
- Keep a copy of the receipt for your records.
What happens next
You’ll receive the replacement paper certificate within 7 business days. It will be posted to the address recorded with Transport for NSW.
Ordering replacement registration documents does not renew your rego or extend its expiry date. If your registration is due to expire within 6 weeks, consider renewing it online rather than ordering a replacement.