If you’re the owner of a NSW registered vehicle and your registration certificate has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a paper replacement online.

You’ll receive the replacement paper certificate within 10 business days. If you need it sooner, you can:


You cannot apply online and will need to visit a service centre if:

  • you’re not recorded as the owner of the registered vehicle
  • you do not have a NSW Driver Licence or NSW Photo Card
  • the vehicle is registered in a company name
  • the registration has expired.

What you need

  • your NSW Driver Licence or NSW Photo Card details
  • the vehicle's NSW registration details
  • your payment.

How to replace

  1. Check the eligibility details.
  2. Select the 'Replace online' button.
  3. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or continue as a guest. 
  4. Follow the prompts to replace a registration certificate.
  5. Keep a copy of the receipt for your records.

If you're unable to apply online:

  1. Download PDF form – Replacement Application.
  2. Complete the form and submit your application in person at a service centre.

What happens next

If you applied online, you’ll receive the replacement paper certificate within 10 business days. It will be posted to the address recorded with Transport for NSW.

More information

Ordering replacement registration documents does not renew your rego or extend its expiry date. If your registration is due to expire within 6 weeks, consider renewing it online before ordering a replacement.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 24 May 2024

Rate the information on the page