Due to technical issues with the E-Toll platform, you may experience delays with the transaction and response times. The E-Toll team is working to resolve the issue and apologise for any inconvenience.

Text size


If you need to transfer a Transport for NSW E-Toll Account to another person because the account holder is now deceased, you can do this at a service centre. 

The account may be transferred to a spouse or surviving partner, but not a family member. You can also close the account.

What you need

All of the following:

  • your proof of identity
  • your E-Toll Account details
  • the E-Toll tag (if closing the account)
  • the E-Toll Account Transfer form.

In addition, one of the following pieces of documentation confirming the deceased's status:

  • a completed Advice of Death form
  • the death certificate (original or copy)
  • a newspaper death notice
  • a letter from a solicitor or the NSW Trustee and Guardian advising that the person is deceased
  • in the case of a missing person presumed deceased, a 'Presumption of Death Order' issued by the Supreme Court (original or copy).

You'll also need one of the following pieces of documentation confirming the relationship status:

  • a marriage certificate (original or certified copy)
  • proof of billing address
  • Statutory Declaration signed by a Justice of the Peace.

How to transfer

  1. Download and complete the Transfer E-Toll Account – PDF.
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and lodge your application.