People engaged in paid child-related work must hold a paid WWCC clearance.
If you're a holder of a volunteer WWCC clearance, and you start paid child-related work, it is a legal requirement that you upgrade your WWCC clearance from volunteer to paid within 30 days of beginning the paid work.
Note: A paid WWCC clearance incurs a fee.
Holders of a volunteer WWCC clearance who have begun paid WWCC work.
What you need
- WWCC number
- personal details, including date and place of birth
- proof of identity
- your paid employment details
- your payment.
How to upgrade
- Select the 'Upgrade online' button.
- Complete the online form ensuring the name you enter matches your identity documents exactly.
- Visit a service centre to present your original identity documents and pay the fee.
- you’ll receive your updated WWCC via email.
- your employer will need to verify your updated WWCC number.