The Office of the Children's Guardian (OCG) has developed a tool to help organisations self-assess their child-safe practices in accordance with NSW Child Safe Standards.
These 10 standards were recommended by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and provide a framework for creating, maintaining and improving child-safe organisations.
When your self-assessment is completed, OCG generates a report based on your responses that:
- highlights areas where the organisation can improve
- provides actions to help enhance child safety for each standard
- includes useful resources.
You need to be able to answer questions on behalf of the organisation. You may be:
- an employee or volunteer
- a manager
- a supervisor or team leader
- a human resources officer, or
- an executive or board member.
Note: More than one person in the organisation can do the self-assessment.
What you need
Knowledge of the:
How to use the tool
- Allow 30 minutes to complete the self-assessment.
Note: You can save and resume your assessment but if you have not submitted it within 30 days, any details you’ve entered will be deleted.
- Select the 'Use the self-assessment tool' button.
- Enter the required information.
If you'd like to find out more about the self-assessment process, visit OCG's Help and Support page.