Tax assistance and fee waivers
Payroll tax concessions
If your business has been impacted by COVID-19, you may be eligible for a 50% reduction in 2021–22 payroll tax liability.
Your business must have:
- been eligible for a 2021 COVID-19 business grant or JobSaver payments
- experienced a decline in revenue of at least 30%
- grouped Australian wages of $10 million or less.
For more information, visit Revenue NSW.
ATO COVID-19 support
If you're experiencing difficulties meeting your tax and superannuation obligations because of COVID-19, or you would like to learn about other support available, visit the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
ASIC COVID-19 relief
If you're experiencing difficulties meeting your obligations to the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) due to COVID-19, you have the option of discussing payment plans and applying for fee waivers. For more information, visit ASIC COVID-19 relief.
Assistance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses
Indigenous Business Australia provides economic development opportunities to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through:
- loans and financial services
- business finance and partnerships.
Find out about assistance available:
- visit Indigenous Business Australia
- call Indigenous Business Australia on 1800 107 107.
Businesses that are experiencing financial difficulty can visit the Australian Banking Association’s Financial Assistance Hub for answers to frequently asked questions and guidance on next steps.
Customers will need to contact their financial institutions to discuss the options available to them.