Licences are mandatory for many businesses, trades, and organisations, and are designed to protect the consumer from poor workmanship, unethical behaviour, and illegal and/or dangerous practices.
Licences verify that:
- an organisation is a legally registered entity
- certain levels of qualification and skill sets have been achieved
- certain regulations are adhered to in the running of a business
- premises have been inspected and are legally deemed safe for the public.
You can check online to ensure the people or organisations you are dealing with are appropriately licensed.
Contractors and tradespersons
- Check a corporation property licence
- Check a property certificate of registration
- Check a real estate agent licence
- Check a real estate salesperson or registered manager's licence
- Check a stock and station agent's licence
- Check a strata agent or property manager licence
- Check an onsite residential property manager licence
- Check a business agent licence