Before you apply you'll need to:
- lodge your tax return for the last financial year with the Australian Taxation Office. If you or your partner don't need to lodge a tax return, then request a letter confirming this from the Department of Human Services (DHS).
- receive confirmation from DHS that you were eligible for the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) for the last financial year.
When you've done both these things, you're ready to apply for a rebate. You'll also need:
- your DHS Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- your Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) number (if applicable)
- your personal and contact details
- a copy of your recent energy bill.