The NSW Gas Rebate helps eligible concession card holders pay their natural gas or bottled Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) bills.
The NSW Gas Rebate is $110 per retail (on-market) household, per financial year.
If you are a retail (on-market) customer, you need to contact your gas retailer to apply.
If you are an embedded network (on-supply) gas customer, you may be eligible to apply for the NSW Gas Rebate (on supply and bottled gas households).
Note: Embedded network ('on-supply') means your natural gas is supplied by an embedded network – such as in a residential community, retirement village or strata scheme – and you receive your gas bill or invoice from the strata manager or community/village operator. If you’re not sure whether you're an on-supply customer, contact the gas provider named on your gas bill.
You may be eligible if you live in NSW and all of the following apply:
- you have a natural gas or bottled gas (LPG) account for your home in NSW
- you're the account holder (the account and bill must be in your name)
- you hold one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Services Australia or the Department of Veterans' Affairs or
- Health Care Card issued by Services Australia, or
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card marked with either 'War Widow', 'War Widower Pension', 'Totally and Permanently Incapacitated' (TPI) or 'Disability Pension' (EDA).
What you need
Your Services Australia Customer Reference Number (CRN) or Department of Veterans' Affairs file number.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Call your gas retailer.
- Ask for the NSW Gas Rebate to be applied to your account.
- Provide your eligible concession card details.
- Confirm with your retailer that the rebate has been applied.
- Retail customers receive the rebate as a daily credit on each energy bill, up to a total of $110.00 per year. The amount is calculated from the day you call your retailer and apply.
- If you change your gas retailer, you can continue to receive the rebate by providing the new retailer with your:
- Services Australia Customer Reference Number (CRN) or
- Department of Veterans' Affairs file number .
- A household can only receive one NSW Gas Rebate each financial year.
- You can only receive the rebate for your principal place of residence.
- If you receive the NSW Gas Rebate, you may be eligible for the NSW Low Income Household Rebate for your electricity account.
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this rebate and can apply for the Seniors Energy Rebate instead.