The Family Energy Rebate helps NSW family households with dependent children cover the costs of their energy bills.
If you live in an on-supplied residential community, retirement village or strata scheme, you can apply for the rebate online.
'On supply' means you receive your energy bill or invoice from the strata manager or community/village operator.
Note: Applications for the 2019/20 Family Energy Rebate will close at 11pm on Thursday 18 June 2020.
To be eligible for the NSW Family Energy Rebate in a given financial year, you must:
- be a NSW resident
- be an on-supplied customer named on the bill of an energy retailer
- have been the recipient of the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) for the previous financial year and have had your entitlement to the FTB payments finalised by Centrelink.
- ensure the person in your household who's registered as the FTB recipient, lodges the application. The recipient is the person who receives correspondence on FTB from the Department of Human Services (DHS).
If you pay your energy bill directly to an energy retailer, visit Apply for the Family Energy Rebate (retail customers).
What you need
Before you apply you'll need to have:
- lodged your tax return for the last financial year with the Australian Taxation Office. If you or your partner didn't need to lodge a tax return, notify the DHS of this. They cannot finalise your FTB until they have this information.
- received a confirmation letter from DHS that your FTB has been finalised for the last financial year.
When you've done both these things, you're ready to apply for a rebate. You'll also need:
- your DHS Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- your Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) number (if applicable)
- your personal and contact details
- a copy of your recent energy bill.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in to, or sign up for, a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select the 'Services' tab on your dashboard.
- Link to 'NSW Energy Rebates'.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter the required details.
- Upload your invoice/bill.
- Submit your application.
If you don't wish to apply online:
- Download and complete the Family Energy Rebate Application Form 2019-2020 – PDF.
- Attach a copy of your most recent energy bill.
- Lodge your application by post or email to the details on the form.
- In 2019-2020 the Family Energy Rebate for on-supplied residents of community/retirement villages or strata schemes is up to $198. The amount varies depending on whether you're also eligible for the Low Income Household Rebate (on supply customers).
- Invoices must be printed or hand-written if:
- they have been prepared from a branded invoice book (company stamps will not be accepted)
- the supplier doesn't have the capacity to provide printed invoices.