If you've held your P2 licence for more than 24 months, you can apply for a full class C driver licence. You can also apply for this licence if you've held either an interstate unrestricted licence or overseas licence (not learner), for more than 3 years.
Applications for the licence are made at a service centre, and you can apply for a NSW Photo Card at the same time if you wish, and take advantage of paying a reduced application fee for it.
Note: If you obtained your provisional P2 licence before 20 November 2017, you'll need to successfully complete the driver qualification test.
What you'll need
How to apply
- Download and complete the Licence Application – PDF.
- Check the tick box to apply for a Photo Card (if applicable).
- Make sure you have all your documentation and any additional items (if applicable).
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
You must have held your P2 licence for at least 24 months.
Things to keep in mind...
- A list of licence fees can be found on the RMS website.
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- The Photo Card is voluntary – you don't have to have one, but you may find it useful to prove your identity in situations not related to driving.
- Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications, a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Roads and Maritime Services website.