If you've held your P2 licence for more than 24 months, you can apply for a full class C driver licence. You can also apply for this licence if you've held either an interstate unrestricted licence or overseas licence (not learner), for more than 3 years.
Applications for the licence are made at a service centre, and you can apply for a NSW Photo Card at the same time if you wish, and take advantage of paying a reduced application fee for it.
Note: If you obtained your provisional P2 licence before 20 November 2017, you'll need to successfully complete the driver qualification test.
You must have held your P2 licence for at least 24 months.
What you need
How to apply
- Download and complete the Licence Application – PDF.
- Check the tick box to apply for a Photo Card (if applicable).
- Make sure you have all your documentation and any additional items (if applicable).
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- A list of licence fees can be found on the RMS website.
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- The Photo Card is voluntary – you don't have to have one, but you may find it useful to prove your identity in situations not related to driving.
- Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications, a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Roads and Maritime Services website.