Text size


If you are a concession card or Health Care card holder you may be eligible for a gas rebate on your bill. You must have an account directly with an energy supplier. 

Eligible NSW households receive the rebate as a credit on each quarterly gas bill, up to a total of $110 per year. The amount is calculated daily from the day you call your supplier and apply. 

Note: If you receive your gas bill from the strata manager or community/village operator, please visit Apply for the Gas Rebate (on supply and bottled gas households)


You can apply for the NSW Gas Rebate if:

  • you're a NSW resident
  • you're an account holder of a gas retailer
  • you hold one of the following:
    • Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) or Services Australia
    • Health Care Card issued by Services Australia, or
    • DVA Gold Card marked with either 'War Widow' or 'War Widower Pension', or 'Totally and Permanently Incapacitated' (TPI) or 'Disability Pension' (EDA).

Note: Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this rebate. 

What you need

Your concession card or Health Care Card details.

How to apply

  1. Call your gas account provider.
  2. Ask for the NSW Gas Rebate to be applied to your account.
  3. Provide your concession card or Health Care Card details.
  4. Request confirmation that the rebate has been applied.

More information

  • If you change your gas supplier, you will need to tell them you receive the rebate so you can continue to receive it. 

  • Only one person in each household can apply. 

  • The rebate is only applied to your principal place of residence. 

  • You can find more rebates and savings on the Savings Finder.

Last updated: 1 August 2022