The NSW Gas Rebate helps NSW households cover the costs of their natural gas.
Check the eligibility requirements to see if you can apply.
You can apply for the NSW Gas Rebate if:
- you're a NSW resident
- you're an account holder of a gas retailer
- you hold one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) or Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Health Care Card issued by the DHS, or
- DVA Gold Card marked with either 'War Widow' or 'War Widower Pension', or 'Totally and Permanently Incapacitated' (TPI) or 'Disability Pension' (EDA).
If you're an on supply customer and receive your gas bill from the strata manager or community/village operator, please visit Apply for the Gas Rebate (on supply and bottled gas households).
What you need
Your concession card or Health Care Card details.
How to apply
- Call your gas account provider.
- Provide your concession card or Health Care Card details.
- Ask for the NSW Gas Rebate to be applied to your account.
- Request confirmation that the rebate has been applied.
- You'll receive the rebate as a credit on each quarterly gas bill, up to a total of $110/year. The amount is calculated daily from the day you call your supplier and apply.
- The gas account holder must hold one of the eligible concession cards.
- If you change gas supplier, tell them you receive the rebate, so you can continue to receive it.
- A household can only receive one NSW Gas Rebate each financial year.
- The rebate is only applied to your principal place of residence.
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this rebate.