The NSW Gas Rebate helps eligible NSW households cover the costs of their natural gas or LPG (bottled gas), if it is used for basic household needs such as cooking, heating or hot water.
If you buy/refill LPG bottled gas, or you're an on supply customer, you can apply for the rebate online.
Note: 'On supply' means you receive a gas (LPG or natural gas) bill or invoice issued by, or on behalf of, the owners or management of your residential community, retirement village, or strata scheme.
You can apply for the NSW Gas Rebate if:
- you're a NSW resident
- you're an on-supplied customer of a gas retailer, or you buy/refill LPG bottled gas for basic household needs
- you hold one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) or Services Australia
- Health Care Card issued by Services Australia, or
- DVA gold card marked with either 'War Widow' or 'War Widower Pension', or 'Totally and Permanently Incapacitated' (TPI) or 'Disability Pension' (EDA).
If you pay your gas bill directly to your retailer, visit Apply for the Gas Rebate (retail customers).
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account, if applying online
- your most recent gas bill/invoice.
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Select the 'My services' tab on your dashboard.
- Select the 'Add services' button.
- Select 'Energy rebates'.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter the required details.
- Upload your gas invoice.
- Submit your application.
If you don't wish to apply online:
- Download and complete the Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household – PDF.
- Attach a copy of your most recent gas bill/invoice.
- Lodge your application by post or email to the details on the form.
- Your gas bill must have a meter reading taken after 1 July in the current financial year and be less than 3 months old. For LPG bottled gas customers, the most recent purchase must have been in the current financial year.
- You'll receive your rebate as a lump sum payment of $121 deposited into your bank account.
- Invoices must be printed, or hand-written if:
- they have been prepared from a branded invoice book (company stamps will not be accepted)
- the supplier doesn't have the capacity to provide printed invoices.
- A household can only receive one NSW Gas Rebate each financial year.
- The rebate is only applied to your principal place of residence.
- LPG customers who use “SWAP&GO” BBQ bottles, or bottled gas less than 45kg/88 litres in mass, are not eligible for this rebate.
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this rebate.
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Arabic) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Bangla) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Chinese Simplified) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Chinese Traditional) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Greek) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Hindi) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Spanish) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Urdu) – PDF
- Gas Rebate Application Form On-Supply Household (Vietnamese) – PDF