Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses

NSW Fair Trading have implemented licensing changes to the real estate and property industry from March 2020. To learn more about the changes visit the Fair Trading website or call 13 32 20.


An individual property licence lets you work as an agent in: 

  • real estate 
  • strata management or  
  • stock and station.  

If eligible, you can also:

  • add an auctioneer accreditation to your licence
  • apply for a Class 1 or Class 2 licence with this form.

If you do not know what licence or certificate you can apply for visit NSW Fair Trading

You can submit and pay for your application online. 


To be eligible, you'll need:

What you need

  • personal and business details 

  • 2 forms of identification such as: 

    • Australian driver licence 

    • Medicare card 

    • Australian passport 

    • Australian birth certificate 

    • Australian citizenship certificate (issued within the last 10 years) 

    • Australian certificate registration by descent 

    • ImmiCard 

    • Australian travel visa 

    • Indigeneous community card

    • Proof of age card

    • Shooting/FIrearms licence

    • Working With Children/Vulnerable Card

    • Police Force Officer ID

  • evidence of your qualifications 

  • the details of your previous licence or certificate of registration (if applicable) 

  • the details of your employment within the real estate and property industry (if applicable) 

  • Notification of Partnership Particulars – PDF (if applicable) 

  • your payment

How to apply

  1. Gather the required information.
  2. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  3. Follow the prompts to complete your application.

More information

Check the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for your licence class.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

You'll be taken to another website.