Text size


If you hold a New Zealand or Trans-Tasman salesperson licence, you may be eligible to apply for a property certificate of registration in NSW. 

A property certificate of registration lets you work as an assistant agent in:  

  • real estate 
  • strata management or 
  • stock and station. 

If you are not sure about which licence or certificate you can apply for, contact NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20.

You can submit and pay for your application via email or at a service centre.   


Individuals who hold the New Zealand or Trans-Tasman equivalent of a property licence.  

What you need

  • the New Zealand/Trans-Tasman mutual recognition application form - PDF 
  • the Application for a Licence form - PDF 
  • your personal and business details 
  • your interstate licence 
  • 2 forms of identification including either your: 
    • Australian driver licence 
    • Medicare card 
    • Australian passport 
    • Australian birth certificate 
    • Australian citizenship certificate (issued within the last 10 years) 
    • Australian certificate registration by descent 
    • ImmiCard or
    • Australian travel visa 
  • evidence of your qualifications 
  • the details of your previous certificate of registration or property licence (if applicable) 
  • your payment

Note: If you do not have 2 forms of identification listed above, you may still be eligible. Contact NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20 for more information.   

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the New Zealand/Trans-Tasman mutual recognition application form - PDF 

  2. Download and complete the Application for a Licence form - PDF 

  3. Gather the required documentation.  

  4. To submit your application: 

More information

Check the continuing professional development (CPD) requirements for your licence class.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 8 December 2021