If you’re going to work in a place that serves alcohol or provides gambling services, you'll need to undertake training in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and/or Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG).
When you've completed your training, you'll receive RSA and/or RCG Interim Certificate(s), and you can then apply for your RSA/RCG photo competency card.
Once you have your competency card you can access it digitally using your mobile phone or tablet device. You'll need to have a MyServiceNSW Account and the latest version of the Service NSW app. You can then link your MyServiceNSW Account to Liquor & Gaming NSW.
What you'll need
- your RSA or RCG Interim Certificate, issued by an approved NSW training provider
- your 100 points of ID documents – see the back of the Interim Certificate for acceptable document types
- your personal details on your interim certificate must match your ID – any discrepancies can be fixed at Service NSW.
Note: If you've changed your name from what is shown on your identity documents, you'll need to provide a change of name certificate or marriage certificate (Australian, or overseas with translation).
How to apply
- Complete your RSA or RCG training with an approved training provider.
- Get your RSA or RCG Interim Certificate from your training provider. If you have both, you only need to bring one to the service centre.
- Gather your original identity documents.
- Visit a service centre to have your photo taken and submit your application.
You must have:
- successfully completed an approved NSW RSA or RCG training course
- received an RSA or RCG Interim Certificate
- not previously applied for a photo competency card.
Things to keep in mind...
- You can be fined for using an expired Interim Certificate or an expired photo competency card.
- Your photo competency card will be mailed to you within 3 weeks of submitting your application.
- You must submit your own application in person – other people can’t apply for you.
- The cost of the competency card is included in the course fee you pay for RSA or RCG training.
- If you already have a competency card, you may want to renew it.