Back to top

If you’re going to work in a place that serves alcohol or provides gambling services, you'll need to have completed training in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and/or Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG).

After you've completed your training and received your NSW RSA and/or RCG Interim Certificate(s), you need to apply for your RSA/RCG photo competency card. You can do this at service centres, digital stores and selected Roads and Maritime Services motor registries.

Once you have your RSA or RCG competency card you can access it digitally using your mobile phone or tablet device. You'll need to have a MyServiceNSW account and the latest version of the Service NSW app. Then you'll need to link your MyService NSW Account to the Liquor & Gaming NSW.

Find a service centre
  • Your RSA or RCG Interim Certificate, issued by an approved NSW training provider.
  • Your 100 points of ID documents – see the back of the Interim Certificate for acceptable document types, and ensure the details on each Interim Certificate match your ID documents exactly. If any of the details are incorrect, complete the Interim certificate amendment – PDF and submit it to Liquor & Gaming NSW, who'll issue you with a replacement Interim Certificate.
  • If you've changed your name from what is shown on your identity documents, you'll need to provide a change of name certificate or marriage certificate (Australian, or overseas with translation).
Find a service centre
  1. Complete your RSA or RCG training with an approved training provider.
  2. Get your RSA or RCG Interim Certificate from your training provider. If you have both, you only need to bring one to the service centre.
  3. Gather your original identity documents.
  4. Visit a service centre, or a selected RMS site, to have your photo taken and submit your application.
Find a service centre

To be eligible for a photo competency card, you must have:

  • successfully completed an approved NSW RSA or RCG training course
  • received an RSA or RCG Interim Certificate, and
  • not previously applied for a photo competency card.
Find a service centre
  • You can be fined for using an expired Interim Certificate or an expired photo competency card.
  • Your photo competency card will be mailed to you within 3 weeks of submitting your application.
  • You must submit your own application in person – other people can’t apply for you.
  • The cost of the competency card is included in the course fee you pay for RSA or RCG training.
  • If you already have a competency card, you may want to renew it
Find a service centre

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: