A stock and station agent licence allows your company to sell, buy, exchange, let, lease, or conduct auctions of, agricultural or rural properties greater than 20 hectares. The work of a stock and station agent also includes negotiating the buying and selling of livestock, and providing agistment for livestock or collecting fees for agistment. You can apply for this licence online.
- To be eligible, you must be a corporation and employ someone who holds a current stock and station agent licence.
- If your corporation has more than one place of business, each place must have it's own licensee-in-charge.
- The licensee-in-charge must have successfully completed the Stock and Station Agent Licence course – CPP40407 Certificate IV in Property Services.
What you need
- corporation's details
- business name registration from ASIC (if applicable)
- details of director(s)/secretary
- copies of directors' identity documents (such as driver's licence, photo card, passport)
- someone who'll be named as the licensee-in-charge of the business who already has a stock and station agent licence
- evidence of professional indemnity insurance
- Notification of partnership particulars form – PDF (if applicable)
- Licensee-in-Charge Details – PDF (if applicable)
- interstate licence if operating within 50 kms outside NSW borders (if applicable).
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Download, print and complete any applicable forms.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Start'.
- Sign in to, or create your OneGov account.
- Complete the online form.
- Attach all relevant documentation.
- Submit your application.
If you don't wish to apply online:
- Download , print and complete the Property, stock and business agents: application for a licence (corporation) – PDF
- Make sure you've attached all the required documents and filled in the payment details.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- Although this licence allows you to conduct auctions, you must not act as an auctioneer unless you are an accredited auctioneer