Tradesperson's certificates are issued for drainers, gasfitters, plumbers, roof plumbers and water plumbers. Holders of these certificates are able to work with minimum supervision. You can apply for a tradesperson's certificate at a service centre.Locate a service centre
Apply for a tradesperson's certificate
- the Tradesperson's Certificate Application form
- your proof of identity
- one passport size photograph
- your documents that meet the qualification requirements (certificates and transcripts from the registered training organisation)
- your referee's statement (where applicable).
- The holder of a tradesperson's certificate cannot sign off on the work undertaken. Work must be signed off by the holder of a contractor licence or qualified supervisor certificate.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair TradingLocate a service centre
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order, or
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS).
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.