Back to top

If you want to change any details linked to your vehicle registration, you can do so at a service centre. You're able to change:

  • usage (such as private to business)
  • date of purchase or disposal
  • nominated configuration
  • courtesy name.

It's important to change your details before renewing your vehicle's registration to make sure that an appropriate inspection is conducted, and that you are charged the correct fee.  

Find a service centre
  • the PDF form – 'Change of Records' (not required for a change in courtesy name)
  • your proof of identity 
  • business identification details if the vehicle is registered under a business
  • vehicle registration details
  • evidence of registration under a business name (if applicable)
  • concession card details (if applicable)
  • if you want to change the date of purchase or the date of disposal, you'll need a receipt or notice of disposal, signed by the seller and showing the correct date.
Find a service centre
  1. Download and complete the Change of Records – PDF (if applicable).
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and lodge your application.
Find a service centre

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: