You can access some NSW government licences and permits digitally using your smartphone or tablet device. A digital licence allows you to view, show and renew that licence.
Available digital licences include:
- NSW Digital Driver Licence
- Boat Driving Licence
- Vessel Registration
- Recreational Fishing Fee
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Competency Card
- Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) Competency Card
- Working With Children Check (WWCC) clearance.
To get started you'll need to have a MyServiceNSW Account and the latest version of the Service NSW app. Then you'll need to add the licence to your MyServiceNSW Account.
Download the app:
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account. Don't have an account? Create an account now. All you need to get started is an email address
- the latest version of the Service NSW app.
How to access a digital licence
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, or create an account.
- From your dashboard, go to 'My services' and add the relevant service.
- Download the Service NSW app for iOS or Android to your smartphone or tablet. If you already have the app, update to the latest version.
- On the app, log in using your MyServiceNSW Account details and create a PIN.
- For extra security, you can enable Touch ID or Face ID to use instead of a PIN for future logins.
- Once you're logged in, we'll automatically fetch and display your licences and regos.
- Digital licences are available on an opt-in basis; you'll still receive a physical licence or permit.
- Licences will be available in a carousel on the homescreen. Registrations will be available by tapping 'Registrations' in the Tools section.
- The digital Boat Driving Licence is not valid when operating a personal watercraft (PWC) at any speed. If you're driving a PWC you must carry your physical PWC licence.