You can access some NSW government licences and credentials digitally using your smartphone. A digital licence allows you to view and show that licence.
Available digital licences and credentials for individuals include:
- NSW Digital Driver Licence
- Boat driving licence
- High risk work licence
- Individual contractor licence
- Qualified supervisor certificate
- Recreational fishing licence
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) or Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) Competency Card
- Seniors Card or Senior Savers Card
- Tradesperson certificate (plumbing, draining and gasfitting)
- White card (general construction induction card)
- Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance.
What you need
- the latest version of the Service NSW app
- a MyServiceNSW Account.
How to add
- Download the Service NSW app on your phone. If you already have the app, update to the latest version.
- Log in to the Service NSW app with your MyServiceNSW Account details.
- To add a licence, either select the + symbol next to ‘Licences & Credentials’ or select ‘Add a digital licence or credential’ from the carousel.
- Follow the prompts to add your licence to the Service NSW app.
- Digital licences are available on an opt-in basis; you'll still receive a physical licence or permit.
- Once you've added a licence it will be available in the carousel on the homescreen.
- The digital Boat Driving Licence is not valid when operating a personal watercraft (PWC) at any speed. If you're driving a PWC you must carry your physical PWC licence.
Businesses can manage their licences through their Service NSW Business Profile.
Last updated: 27 March 2023