The Jobs Plus program offers support from the NSW Government to Australian and international companies who are wanting to start or expand their business operations in NSW.
If you're an eligible business, and looking to start a project that will create jobs, the Jobs Plus program could help reduce costs and financial risks for your company, as well as help strengthen the local economy.
The program is open until 30 June 2022 or until support is fully allocated.
If you own an Australian business you must employ 20 or more staff to be eligible for the Jobs Plus program.
If you own an international business you must employ at least 80 staff to be eligible for the program.
Your Australian or international business must also:
- create at least a net growth of 30 new full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs as part of a business project in NSW before 30 June 2024
- start hiring new staff before 31 December 2022 – all new staff must live and be paid in NSW.
Note: One FTE job is equal to a standard working week of 35 hours for ongoing roles. Full-time roles can claim one FTE and part-time roles can claim a proportion of one FTE on a pro-rata basis.
Projects that qualify
To qualify for support, your business must run a successful business venture or project that will create at least 30 new jobs in NSW, with permanent and ongoing FTE employees, before 30 June 2024.
A 'project' is defined as planned business activities with capital investment leading to job creation.
Examples of eligible projects include activities that invest in equipment and facilities, such as:
- relocating your business operation from out-of-state or international, to NSW
- establishing or adding a production line to your existing NSW business
- developing a new product or service
- transferring business activities to NSW that are currently performed by your company overseas.
Benefits of the program
The Jobs Plus program provides benefits to businesses based on how many new jobs are created by the proposed project in NSW.
As the support levels are tiered, your business may benefit from the following:
- Jobs Plus concierge service – support provided by a dedicated NSW Government team to help you navigate agencies, programs and application requirements.
- Payroll tax relief for up to 4 years – when your business has created 30 new jobs, you will get tax relief on wages paid to staff for every new FTE job created.
- Subsidised training package rebates – a rebate for the cost of providing training, apprenticeships or internships to NSW residents, based on audited accounts of pre-approved outcomes.
- Enabling infrastructure rebates – rebates for approved projects for the cost of connecting the new project to shared infrastructure. For example, new roads, utilities, data facilities, telecommunications, information technology, workspaces and capital equipment.
- Access to subsidised, short-term government accommodation and spaces – short-term accommodation for up to 2 years for businesses that demonstrate high growth potential (if the NSW Government owns or manages suitable spaces where a discount can be applied).
- Assistance with planning approvals in NSW – help with finding suitable sites and managing applications with the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.