If you're a consumer or trader involved in a dispute relating to goods or services, and you've been unable to resolve the matter privately, you can seek advice from, or lodge a complaint with, NSW Fair Trading. They'll act as an informal negotiator, at no charge.
You can lodge both general complaints and specific complaints online.
What you'll need
- your name and contact details
- name and contact details of the retailer, supplier or dealer you are complaining about
- details of the goods or services in dispute, including dates, manufacturers/models, costs and the method of payment
- details of your complaint, the resolution you have suggested or any offers made
- what you would like the retailer, supplier or dealer to do for you.
How to lodge
- Select the 'Lodge online' button.
- Gather the information and documentation needed.
- Complete the online application form (allow about 30 minutes).
If you don't wish to lodge online you can:
- Any person can lodge a complaint, however NSW Fair Trading is not able to intervene in business to business complaints, where the issues concern goods or services that are to be onsold.
Things to keep in mind...
- You'll need to read and confirm the declaration that the information is accurate and may be provided to the retailer, supplier, dealer, agent or landlord for the purposes of resolving the dispute.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.