If you have a current high risk work (HRW) licence, you’ll be emailed a renewal notice, and sent SMS reminders by phone, approximately 60 days prior to the licence expiring. You’re then able to renew your licence online.

Note: You can update your email address, postal address and mobile number when you renew online. If other details need to be updated, refer to change details on a high risk work licence


To be eligible to renew:

  • you must have already been issued a high risk work licence
  • your licence is not more than 12 months past its expiry date.

What you need

  • a MyServiceNSW Account
    • you can create one when you start your application
    • you may need details from 2 identity documents (such as Australian driver licence, Medicare card, passport)
  • your licence number (if you have more than one high risk work licence, please contact SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50)
  • your payment.

How to renew

  1. Select the ‘Renew online’ button.
  2. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
  3. Follow the prompts to renew your high risk work licence. 

You'll receive a confirmation email after you submit your renewal application.


To renew a high risk work licence with SafeWork NSW, you’ll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.

By logging in you consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with SafeWork NSW, a division of the Department of Customer Service.

The High risk work licence – Privacy Collection Notice explains how your personal information will be handled once it is shared by Service NSW.

More information

  • Your renewed high risk work licence is valid for 5 years from your previous licence expiry date.
  • You cannot carry out high risk work if your licence has expired.
  • If your renewal application has been received by SafeWork NSW before your licence expires, it will continue as current until you receive your renewal notification.
  • If your licence is more than 12 months past its expiry date, you’ll need to be trained and assessed by a registered training organisation and then reapply for your licence.
  • If you’ve moved permanently to NSW from another state or territory, you’ll need to contact SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50 to transfer your licence to NSW. You can transfer your licence to NSW if it’s current or not more than 12 months past its expiry date.
  • To find your high risk work licence number and details, visit Verify.licence.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 27 June 2024

Rate the information on the page