Builders and tradespeople in NSW need to be licensed to do building work. When you receive your renewal notice, you can renew your contractor's licence online, using your credit card.Renew online
Renew an individual contractor's licence
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Select 'Next'.
- Enter your licence and renewal numbers as shown on your renewal notice. (If you don't have your renewal number, select 'Don't have?' and enter your full details.)
- Select 'Next'.
- Confirm the details of your licence.
- Enter your payment details.
- Read and confirm the declaration.
- General building work licences and qualified supervisor certificates can only be renewed for one year. All other licences and certificates offer the option of a 3-year renewal.
- If you don't renew on time you'll have to make an application to restore your licence, which can be done at a service centre.
- If your licence has expired more than 3 months, you'll need to apply for a new licence to be re-issued.
- You cannot trade until your new licence is issued.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.Renew online
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.