If your security clearance card or your explosives licence card/certificate has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can apply for a replacement by lodging an application with payment at Australia Post.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your licence number (if known)
  • proof of identity documents as indicated on the form
  • your payment
  • the PDF form – ‘Application to replace an explosives, pyrotechnicians or blasting licence, or security clearance’.

How to apply

  • Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  • Complete, print and sign the form.
  • Gather the required documents.
  • Lodge your application with payment, at your nearest Australia Post office.

More information

  • When you visit Australia Post, you’ll be identified under the requirements set out by the NSW Explosives Act.
  • SafeWork NSW will assess your application and grant or deny you a replacement licence.
Last updated: 28 November 2023