If your photocard is lost, stolen or damaged, you'll need to replace it as soon as possible. You'll also need to replace it if your personal details change. You can order a replacement photocard online, or by visiting a service centre.
You cannot replace a photocard online if you have:
- changed your address within the last 14 days, or
- ordered a replacement licence online in the last 12 months.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
What you need
- NSW Driver Licence or NSW Photo Card
- Online Services account.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and privacy statement.
- Sign up or log in to your Online Services account.
- Select the product you'd like to replace.
- Choose a reason.
- Enter the licence or Photo Card number.
- Nominate pensioner concession (if applicable).
- Agree to a further declaration specific to this replacement.
- Continue to complete the form.
- You must have an Online Services account in order to do this transaction online.
- You'll need to visit a service centre if you want to change your details at the same time as ordering a replacement licence.
- If you've changed your address within the last 14 days, or you've requested a replacement online within the last 12 months you'll need to visit a service centre to order a replacement.
- When you apply for or renew a photocard at a temporary motor registry or Service NSW centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your photocard through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- Renewal notices are posted generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
Last updated: 6 February 2023