If you have a vehicle currently registered in NSW and your registration certificate has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you can replace it online (only heavy vehicles will receive a label attached). The replacement certificate will be posted to you within 7 days, so if you need it sooner, visit a service centre and complete the transaction in person.Replace online
Replace a vehicle's registration certificate
- Select the 'Replace online' button.
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, register now, or continue as a guest. If you log in and haven't previously linked your MyServiceNSW Account to Roads and Maritime Services, enter your driver licence details.
- Choose whether your registration product was lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Choose the vehicle that needs the replacement product, or enter its NSW plate number.
- Check and confirm your replacement order details.
- Enter your payment details (if applicable).
- Once your payment has been processed (if applicable), you'll be issued with a transaction receipt.
- Your replacement registration product will be mailed to the address on record with Roads and Maritime.
- Most light vehicles, like cars and motorbikes, don't need to display a current registration label. Heavy vehicles, conditionally registered vehicles, and vehicles issued with an unregistered vehicle permit must still display a label. Visit Number plates and labels at the Roads and Maritime Services website to learn more.
- Ordering replacement registration documents doesn't renew your rego or extend its expiry date. If your registration is due to expire within 6 weeks, consider renewing it rather than ordering a replacement.
For online or phone transactions, you can pay with:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre, you can pay with:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.