If you want to unlink an Opal card from your Opal account, you can do this online.
What you need
- your Opal card account username and password.
How to unlink
- Select the 'Unlink online' button.
- Log in.
- Select the 'Unlink Opal Card from your account' option from the left side menu.
- Select 'Unlink' next to the card you wish to remove from your account.
- Select the 'Unlink Card' button.
When you unlink an Opal card from your account:
- you'll no longer be able to manage the Opal card using your account
- any automatic top up that has been set up will be cancelled
- your profile will no longer be connected to this Opal card
- the balance on the Opal card will no longer be protected, if it is lost or stolen.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Opal website.