You must complete a paper application form to update or vary your security operative licence, including:

  • adding or removing a licence or subclass, or
  • changing your name or contact details (address, email, mobile or telephone number).

If your licence has been issued under mutual recognition, you’ll need to contact the Security Licensing & Enforcement Directorate (SLED) on 1300 362 001.

If you need to replace a lost, stolen or damaged card, refer to Replace a security operative licence.

What you need

  • the PDF form – 'Amend, Vary or Replace an Existing Class 1 and/or Class 2 licence'
  • your personal and contact details
  • your licence details
  • your payment (if applicable).

In addition:

If you want to add a Class 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1F to your licence:

If you want to add a Class 2A, 2D, 2E to your licence:

  • evidence of the required training and experience as specified on the SLED website.

Note: All documents must show your name written in exactly the same way (unless you provide acceptable evidence of a change of name).

For a change of name:

  • your previous and current name(s)
  • a certified copy of one of the following change of name documents:
    • marriage certificate(s) issued by the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages or, if married elsewhere, the marriage certificate issued by the celebrant or church
    • change of name certificate issued by the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages
    • full birth certificate showing your name at birth and your new name (extracts and Commemorative certificates are not acceptable)
    • divorce decree
    • deed poll registered with the relevant authority
    • instrument evidencing that the change of name has been registered with NSW Land Registry Services.

How to update or vary

  1. Gather all the required details and documents.
  2. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  3. Download and complete the form. 
  4. Post your form and documents (if applicable) to the address on the form. 

More information

Documents must be certified by a:

  • Justice of the Peace
  • Legal Practitioner, or
  • Public Notary.
Last updated: 31 May 2023
You'll be taken to another website.