Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


The NSW Government and the Commonwealth are covering the full cost of cleaning up eligible NSW properties that have been destroyed by bushfires since 1 July 2019. This includes both insured and uninsured properties.

If you'd like help with the cleaning up of your property, see Register to opt in to the NSW bushfire clean-up.

For health advice on returning safely to your home or business after a bushfire, such as wearing protective clothing, handling waste and managing food and water supplies, visit NSW Health.

Only licensed builders, tradespeople and contractors should be engaged to undertake remediation work associated with:

  • asbestos contamination
  • demolition of structures
  • specialist rebuilding and fit-out work such as:
    • electrical wiring
    • plumbing
    • drainage
    • gasfitting
    • air conditioning
    • refrigeration (except plug-in appliances). 

To check a builder, tradesperson or related licence, see Check a builder or tradesperson licence.

Register with buy.nsw Supplier Hub

buy.nsw is an online procurement system used by NSW Government agencies to connect buyers with suppliers.


If you are a NSW Government buyer (including private hospitals, local councils, non-profit organisations, educational institutes and public authorities) or a private buyer you can use buy.nsw to provide information about your needs and programs of bushfire recovery work. 


If you have the capability and capacity to provide goods or services in bushfire-affected regions, you can register with the buy.nsw bushfire-affected communities rebuild portal.

Required services include (but are not limited to): building works, health and well-being services, accommodation and hospitality services and products, native wildlife and welfare services. 

Previous pre-qualification through the government’s existing procurement service is not required.

Buyers and suppliers can register online or call 1800 679 289.



The Business Council of Australia, in partnership with the National Bushfire Recovery Agency, has launched BizRebuild, a five-year recovery and rebuilding fund. 

BizRebuild helps bushfire-affected businesses by:

  • re-equipping them with tools, laptops and equipment
  • connecting business owners with mentors and case managers, and
  • asking large businesses to pay their bills to small businesses ahead of time.

For more information and to request support, email


If your land borders public land and you've had fences damaged or destroyed in the 2019-2020 NSW bushfires, you can apply for funding to help cover the cost of rebuilding boundary fences.

Up to $5000 per kilometre is available as part of the 'Supporting our neighbours – public land boundary fencing program'. If you’ve already started rebuilding, you can still receive a backdated payment.

For more information or to apply, visit Local Land Services or call 1300 778 080.

Long service levy exemption – building and construction

If you're replacing or repairing buildings destroyed or damaged as a result of the 2019/20 NSW bushfires, you can apply for an exemption from the Long Service levy.

The exemption applies to the first $1,000,000 (inc GST) spent on repairing or rebuilding a damaged property or building.

For expenditure of $1,000,000 and above, you'll be required to pay a partial levy.

Applications must be lodged by 2 March 2023.

For more information visit Long Service Corporation.