Refund of motor vehicle stamp duty

If your motor vehicle was written off in a declared natural disaster, you may be able to get a refund on any motor vehicle duty paid on a replacement vehicle.

Revenue NSW may also:

  • give you more time to lodge any documents or returns
  • defer enforcing any fines against you
  • extend your payment deadlines
  • agree not to charge you interest
  • arrange for you to pay any debts in instalments.

For more information, visit Natural disaster relief – Revenue NSW

Liquor & Gaming NSW licences, certificates and documents

Liquor & Gaming NSW can help with:

  • replacement copies of destroyed licences and identification cards
  • extensions of interim certificates reaching their 90-day limit
  • financial hardship provisions for annual liquor licence fees.

If you have lost your physical competency card, download a digital version. You can also find basic details of your licence, including licence number and conditions, at the online register.

Liquor premises licence documents can be downloaded for free through the liquor licence manager portal.

For more information, contact Liquor & Gaming NSW.

NSW Fair Trading licences, permits and certificates

Free replacement of the following licences, permits or certificates that have been destroyed or lost during the floods:

  • conveyancer
  • home building contractor, qualified supervisor and tradesperson
  • motor vehicle dealer, repairer, tradesperson
  • pawnbroker and second-hand dealer
  • paintball marker
  • tow truck driver (tow truck operators should contact the Police who will advise NSW Fair Trading)
  • tattoo parlour or tattooist.

More information available at NSW Fair Trading.

For assistance:

To apply for a replacement home building or trade licence, permit, certificate or card

SafeWork NSW licences, permits and certificates

SafeWork NSW offers free replacement of some licences, permits and certificates that have been destroyed or lost during a disaster. To arrange a replacement, call 13 10 50 or email

Vehicle and vessel registrations and licences

For detailed information on driving and transport documents, visit our Driving and transport page.

Related information

Last updated: 20 May 2024