Text size

Call NSW SES 132 500 for storm and flood assistance. 

For emergencies call Triple Zero (000) or TTY 106.

Visit NSW SES for

For help when you have been impacted by storms and floods:

For free help in your language, call Translating and Interpreting Services on 13 14 50 and ask them to contact us on 13 77 88.

Financial support, payments and grants

Payments and grants

Find out about disaster recovery payments, grants and financial assistance for:

See the disaster assistance available from the Rural Assistance Authority

Transport: refunds, fee waivers, concessions

You may be eligible for reduced fees if your vehicle has been lost, destroyed or written off as a result of a declared natural disaster.

Find out more or apply for:

Fines, taxes and duties

You may be eligible for a payment extension, hardship assistance or other allowances from Revenue NSW in relation to: 

  • fines and overdue fines
  • taxes, duties, grants and royalties
  • payroll tax. 

Find out more about Revenue NSW natural disaster relief.

Financial counselling services

Find out more about legal help and insurance.

Traffic, road closures and public transport

Health and wellbeing

Medications and prescriptions

To access prescriptions and take medicines safely in a natural disaster go to HealthDirect.

Mental health

24/7 telephone services

Find out more about mental health services.

Find and reunite

To let people know you are safe or to find and reconnect with people after a natural disaster, register with the Red Cross service, Register. Find. Reunite.

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

If you're an NDIS participant:

Find somewhere to stay

Find out how to get help with housing including:

  • emergency and temporary accommodation
  • rental support scheme 
  • changing your address and mail redirection
  • rebuilding.

Pet and animal welfare

For assistance with pets, livestock (including horses), and wildlife:

For advice about assisting injured wildlife

Find out more about help with animals and livestock.

Identity documents, licences and permits

Find out about replacing important documents that have been lost, damaged or destroyed in the natural disaster including:

  • birth, marriage and change of name certificates
  • work licences, permits and certificates
  • passports and citizenship certificates
  • enrolment to vote
  • family law documents
  • Medicare cards
  • vehicle registrations and licences
  • vessel registrations, boat and PWC licences
  • fishing licences

Visit identification, licenses and personal documents.

Phone and internet access

Insurance claims and legal advice

Contact your insurance provider to check your level of cover, exclusions and the assessment process.

For more information and a list of services available, visit Legal help and insurance.

Clearing your property

If your gas, electricity or water supply is disconnected, do not attempt to reconnect the service yourself.

For help with clean-up, you can contact your local council.

For health advice to reduce your risk of injury, sickness or infection during and after a natural disaster, visit NSW Health.

Find out more about clean-up and managing waste.

Related information