Call NSW SES 132 500 for storm and flood assistance.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000) or TTY 106.
Visit NSW SES for
For help when you have been impacted by storms and floods:
For free help in your language, call Translating and Interpreting Services on 13 14 50 and ask them to contact us on 13 77 88.
Financial support, payments and grants
Payments and grants
Find out about disaster recovery payments, grants and financial assistance for:
See the disaster assistance available from the Rural Assistance Authority.
Transport: refunds, fee waivers, concessions
Fines, taxes and duties
Financial counselling services
Find out more about legal help and insurance.
Traffic, road closures and public transport
Health and wellbeing
Medications and prescriptions
To access prescriptions and take medicines safely in a natural disaster go to HealthDirect.
24/7 telephone services
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
- Mensline Australia – 1300 789 978
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800 (for children and young people aged 5 to 25)
- NSW Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511
Find out more about mental health services.
Find and reunite
To let people know you are safe or to find and reconnect with people after a natural disaster, register with the Red Cross service, Register. Find. Reunite.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
If you're an NDIS participant:
- call 1800 800 110 for priority support
- find out about assistive technology repairs, maintenance and replacement.
Find somewhere to stay
Find out how to get help with housing including:
- emergency and temporary accommodation
- rental support scheme
- changing your address and mail redirection
Pet and animal welfare
Identity documents, licences and permits
Find out about replacing important documents that have been lost, damaged or destroyed in the natural disaster including:
- birth, marriage and change of name certificates
- work licences, permits and certificates
- passports and citizenship certificates
- enrolment to vote
- family law documents
- Medicare cards
- vehicle registrations and licences
- vessel registrations, boat and PWC licences
- fishing licences
Phone and internet access
Insurance claims and legal advice
Contact your insurance provider to check your level of cover, exclusions and the assessment process.
For more information and a list of services available, visit Legal help and insurance.
Clearing your property
If your gas, electricity or water supply is disconnected, do not attempt to reconnect the service yourself.
For help with clean-up, you can contact your local council.
For health advice to reduce your risk of injury, sickness or infection during and after a natural disaster, visit NSW Health.
Find out more about clean-up and managing waste.