The Seniors Energy Rebate helps independent retirees who hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card cover the cost of their electricity bills. The $200 rebate is paid once each financial year to eligible households.
Note: Approved applicants will receive the rebate from October 2019.
Pensioners and veterans can apply for the Low Income Household Rebate.
What you'll need
- your Commonwealth Seniors Health Card details
- the electricity account National Meter Identifier (NMI) – this can be found on your electricity bill
- your personal, contact and bank details.
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Enter the required details.
- Submit the application.
Centrelink will verify your Commonwealth Seniors Health Card details and you’ll receive an update from October 2019.
You can apply for the Seniors Energy Rebate if you:
- are an independent retiree and NSW resident
- have a valid Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- are the account holder, or one of the account holders, named on the electricity bill.
Things to keep in mind...
- The name on the application needs to match the details of the:
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder
- electricity account holder.
- The primary residential address and the address where the electricity is being supplied need to be the same.
- A household can only receive one Seniors Energy Rebate each year (even if more than one independent retiree live at the same address).
- Rebates will be paid directly into a bank account.
- Gas accounts are not eligible for the rebate.
- The application and rebate will be processed by Service NSW, not your electricity supplier.