The NSW Seniors Energy Rebate is available for eligible self-funded retirees to help cover the cost of their electricity. Gas accounts are not included.
The rebate is $200 per household, per financial year.
It must be applied for each year.
To be eligible you must:
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account - you can create one when you start your application
- your current CSHC
- your most recent electricity bill
- your contact details
- your bank or credit union account details (to receive your rebate).
How to apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Enter the required details.
- Submit your application.
If your application is successful, you'll receive payment within 5 working days into your nominated bank/credit union account.
Note: Service NSW processes your application and payment, not your electricity supplier. We will contact you if there are any problems.
- A household can only receive one Seniors Energy Rebate each financial year (even if more than one eligible retiree lives at the same address).
- The following names must match:
- the name on the application
- the CSHC holder's name
- the electricity account holder's name
- The following addresses must match:
- the CSHC holder's main residential address
- the address where the electricity is being supplied.