If you have a good driving record, you may be eligible for an automatic 50% discount on your licence renewal fee under the NSW Government’s Fair Go for Safe Drivers Scheme.
You’ll need to:
- have held your full NSW driver, rider or heavy vehicle licence for at least 5 years
- not had any relevant offences recorded in the past 5 years, including:
- driving and parking offences that attract demerit points
- a conviction for a major offence (such as drink driving)
- unlicensed driving offences
- be eligible for the discount on the day you renew your licence (not the date your renewal is due).
The discount will be automatically applied when you renew your unrestricted licence for 1, 3, 5 or 10 years.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can renew your licence up to 6 months after its expiry date and receive the discount.
Note: The following licences don't qualify for a discount:
- interstate and overseas licences
- learner licences
- provisional P1 and P2 licences.