If you regularly travel on Australian toll roads, you can open an E-Toll Account online to automatically pay the toll.
You can choose between two accounts:
- E-Toll Tag Account – you receive a physical tag to keep in your vehicle. You can have multiple tags on your account.
- E-Toll Tagless Account – no physical tag is provided. Your account is linked to your licence plate number.
Both accounts allow you to travel on all Australian roads at any time. The E-Toll Tagless Account is for occasional travellers and additional charges apply.
Visit the E-Toll website for full details.
What you need
- your personal or business details
- the vehicle's details, including the state the vehicle is registered in (it doesn't have to be NSW)
- your Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN) (if applicable)
- the registration fee (for an E-Toll Tagless Account)
- payment for the account's opening credit.
How to open
- Select the 'Open an account' button.
- Choose the account you want to open.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Follow the prompts to open an account.
If you're unable to open an account online, you can call 13 18 65 or visit a Service NSW Centre.
Any of the following:
- credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club International or American Express)
- debit card (MasterCard, Visa)
- direct debit from a bank account.
- To make sure you have the information and documentation needed to complete this transaction, please visit myE-Toll.
- Your tag will be posted to the current address on your application.
- It's important to fit your tag correctly to avoid fees that apply if your tag isn't detected when you're using a toll road.
- If you apply for a tag at a Service Centre you will not receive the physical tag over the counter. Your tag will be posted to your nominated address within 5-7 business days.
- You can use toll roads immediately following successful payment, provided you list a valid licence plate number on your account. Any vehicle matching fees incurred during this time will be re-credited to your E-Toll Account and appear on your next statement cycle (for an E-Toll Tag Account only).
- If you do not set up an E-Toll Account or apply for an eMU Casual Pass, you will be issued a toll notice, including additional administration fees.
- In February 2022, Easy Toll accounts were transferred to an E-Toll Tag account. For more information, visit the E-Toll website.
Last updated: 14 March 2022