If you are currently licensed as a conveyancer, you'll be emailed a renewal notice approximately 60 days prior to the licence expiring. You're then able to renew your licence online.
If your licence has expired:
- within 90 days after the licence expiry date, you can apply to restore your licence – you'll need to pay the restoration fee
- more than 90 days past the expiry date, you'll need to reapply for your licence.
Note: You can update your email address and mobile number when you renew online. If other details need to be updated, refer to change the details on a conveyancer licence.
To be eligible to renew, you must:
- be a fit and proper person to hold a licence and not be disqualified
- have met continuing professional development – PDF requirements.
What you need
Proof of identity
How to renew
- Select the 'Renew online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyService NSW Account.
Follow the prompts to renew a conveyancer licence.
When you submit your application you'll get a confirmation email.
If you're unable to submit online:
- Print and complete your renewal notice.
- Visit a service centre along with your proof of identity documents and payment.
To renew or restore an individual conveyancer licence you'll need to log in with your MyServiceNSW Account. By logging in you:
- consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with NSW Fair Trading
- consent to verifying your identity using your MyServiceNSW Account
- consent to sharing the details of the identity documents you provide via your MyService Account, with NSW Fair Trading
declare that you have read the Conveyancer licence – Privacy Collection Notice
You cannot work if your licence has expired.