Text size


If you've received a penalty notice, and you want to have the matter heard and decided in court, you can make a request online.


  • you must be the person named on the penalty notice, or the vehicle owner if there's no name on the notice, or
  • the authorised representative of the person named on the notice.

What you need

  • proof of your identity such as your address, date of birth or driver licence number
    • Note: Your residential address will be needed so your Court Attendance Notice (CAN) can be posted to you (PO boxes are not accepted)
  • your penalty notice number
  • the date of the offence.

How to request

  1. Select the 'Request online' button.
  2. Enter your penalty notice number and the date of the offence.
  3. Select 'Next'.
  4. Complete the required fields.

More information

  • if you weren't driving the vehicle please refer to Name the driver or person responsible for a penalty notice.
  • You need to submit your request to go to court by the due date on the penalty notice.
  • Once you've submitted your request, you can return to check if a CAN has been posted to you.
  • Once you've received your CAN, it's too late to withdraw from attending court. If you've changed your mind, contact the court listed in your CAN and ask them about your options.
  • The court may apply additional costs when the matter is determined.
You'll be taken to another website.