If you own a multi-unit residential development, commercial or industrial building or premises, you need to submit an annual Fire Safety Statement.
The statement certifies the premises meets standards for essential fire safety measures including:
- smoke detection and alarm systems
- sprinkler systems
- fire doors
- fire hose reels, fire hydrants and portable fire extinguishers
- emergency lighting and exit signs, and
- evacuation plans.
To submit a Fire Safety Statement you need to:
- organise a qualified inspector to check each fire safety measure listed in your current fire safety schedule
- submit an application to your local council 12 months after the previous statement or Final Fire Safety Certificate
- lodge a copy of the statement with Fire and Rescue NSW, and
- display a copy of the statement in the building.
Contact your local council to complete your application.