If you've sold or disposed of your NSW registered vehicle, you'll need to let Transport for NSW know as soon as possible. If you don't, you might be held responsible for the new owner's parking or other driving offences.
You can submit your notice of disposal online or at a service centre. Please do so in the required 14 day transfer period, to allow the new owner to transfer the vehicle online, without incurring a late fee.
In certain circumstances, a paper form needs to be submitted, so check the eligibility requirements.
Sometimes it's not possible to submit a notice of disposal online. You'll need to submit a paper form if any of the following apply:
- you're disposing of the vehicle on behalf of a company or organisation
- you don't have a NSW driver licence or Photo Card
- the new owner or operator doesn't have a NSW driver licence
- the buyer is an interstate motor dealer who doesn't have a NSW motor dealer licence number.
What you need
- the vehicle's NSW registration plate number
- your NSW driver licence or Photo Card details, or a MyServiceNSW Account connected to Roads
- the new owner's NSW driver licence details, or the NSW motor dealer's licence number
- the sale date (known as the date of disposal)
- the sale price or market value of the vehicle (whichever is higher).
How to submit
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Submit online' button.
- Choose to use either your driver licence or Photo Card details, or log into your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Enter the NSW plate number of the vehicle. If you're logged into your MyServiceNSW Account and connected to Roads, you'll be able to choose the plate number from the list of eligible registered vehicles.
- Enter the disposal details.
- Enter the new owner's details.
- Check and confirm your notice of disposal.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Print the receipt or send it to an email address.
If you're not able to submit online:
- Download and complete Notice of Disposal – PDF.
- Visit a service centre and submit it in person, or mail it to:
PO Box 21
Parkes NSW 2870
- The new owner can only transfer the registration online once you've submitted your notice of disposal.
- If you have an E-tag account, please contact your toll provider to remove the registration plate number from your account or you will be liable for the new owner's tolls.