Back to top

If you've sold or disposed of your NSW registered vehicle, you'll need to let Roads and Maritime Services know that you're no longer responsible for it.

If you forget, you might be held responsible for parking or other driving offences until the new owner transfers the registration into their name.

Submit your notice of disposal online to avoid any unnecessary fines.

Sometimes it's not possible to submit a notice of disposal online. Please check 'Who's eligible?' if the buyer or seller is a company, or doesn't have a current NSW driver licence.

Submit online

To submit a notice of disposal online, you'll need:

  • the vehicle's NSW registration plate number
  • your NSW driver licence or photo card details, or a MyServiceNSW Account connected to Roads and Maritime
  • the new owner's NSW driver licence details, or the NSW motor dealer's licence number
  • the sale date (known as the date of disposal), and
  • the sale price or market value of the vehicle (whichever is higher).
Submit online
  1. Select the 'Submit online' button.
  2. Enter your NSW driver licence or photo card details, or log into your MyServiceNSW Account.
  3. Enter the NSW plate number of the vehicle. If you are logged into your Service NSW account and connected to Roads and Maritime, you'll be able to choose the plate number from the list of eligible registered vehicles.
  4. Enter the disposal details.
  5. Enter the new owner's details.
  6. Check and confirm your notice of disposal.
  7. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
  8. Print the receipt or send it to any email address.
Submit online

Sometimes it's not possible to submit a notice of disposal online. You'll need to submit a paper form if:

  • you're disposing the vehicle on behalf of a company or organisation
  • you don't have a NSW driver licence or photo card
  • the new owner or operator doesn't have a NSW driver licence, or
  • the buyer is an interstate motor dealer who does not have a NSW motor dealer licence number.

To submit a paper form, download, print and complete the Notice of Disposal Form – PDF and take it to a service centre in person, or mail it to:
Service NSW
​PO Box 21
Parkes NSW 2870

Submit online
  • the new owner can only transfer the registration online once you've submitted your notice of disposal.
Submit online

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: